Benefits of membership
- Members benefit from exchanges at the annual conference, which takes place in the fall and is held at a different Canadian university or college each year. The sessions and panels address issues and subjects in art history, theory and practice from a variety of methodological approaches. Papers may be given in person in French or English. Funding is provided by membership and conference fees, in part by federal agencies and by the institution(s) that host the conference. Important support also comes from the volunteer work of members.
- Full and Unaffiliated Members receive an on line subscription to RACAR, a refereed journal of art historical research that is published in one double or two single issues annually. RACAR publishes articles of substantial historical scholarship and critical analysis, and, as the only general art history journal in Canada, addresses all areas of the discipline.
- Subscription to the Bulletin e-newsletter which provides information four times a year on upcoming conferences and employment opportunities, issues of professional interest and news of members' scholarly and exhibiting activities.
- Access to the members-only pages of this website. Services include a messages page, postings of employment opportunities, the members Email Directory and the journal on-line.
- Institutional Members receive a print copy of RACAR and may also benefit from free advertising on the website for positions available and access to the Early Notification service of positions available sent via email to members.